What Is Branding? Why Is It So Important For Coaches?
June 18, 2020
What is Branding? Why is it so Important?
Branding can be a very confusing topic, which is why we feel it’s critical to answer the question What is Branding?
It’s not just about having a pretty logo and color palette—in fact, the visual aspect of your brand is only the icing on the cake, so to speak. Branding is more about the ingredients of that cake, and how they work together to create a tasty and cohesive representation of your life coaching business.
What is branding?
- A strategy for connecting with your ideal client. Above and beyond anything else is this single goal: your ideal client should look at, read about, or interact with your brand and immediately feel like it’s something they need more of. Every element should speak to their way of life, hopes, fears, and goals.
- The way you set yourself apart from your competition. Chances are there’s another life coach out there who does what you do. You need to make sure your business stands apart from them in every way possible so your ideal client has no question in their mind that you’re the best one to solve their problems or help them get results.
- A representation of what you can offer your clients. Great brands become synonymous with a specific value they provide: good service, high quality, amazing results, etc. Every aspect, angle, and touchpoint of your brand should reinforce the quality and value only you can provide.
- How you’re remembered when you’re not around. Your brand should stick in the minds of your ideal client so that when they leave your social media or close your website, they’ll remember exactly what you’re great at. This leads to them recommending you to their friends and family when asked where they should go to buy what you offer.
- A portrayal of the purpose behind your brand. Every life coach has a purpose, whether big or small, and it should always drive you to serve your client in the best way possible. You need to identify your purpose and use it as a foundation for your brand’s strategy so every element of your brand relates back to it and shares your story.
- The visual aspects that reinforce everything else. When your brand design speaks the same story to your ideal clients consistently about your value and purpose, those clients begin to trust that they’ll always receive the same quality commitment and care they see you putting into everything you do. Consistent visual design helps them remember everything you stand for, and that’s how brands evolve into household names.
A brand can only truly do well when everything on this list is accounted for. That’s why you need to identify each step before ever touching the visual design. Because a true branding design is only as strong as the intention behind it.
So how will branding impact your life coach business?
It’s going to make people remember you as more than just an interesting concept or tip they heard or read once in their life.
It’ll help people associate you with the results they’re looking for in their life.
And it will give you a strong platform to stand on and share the truths and hopes your clients need in their life.
Hopefully that answers the what is branding question you’ve been asking yourself. And hopefully it encourages you to consider investing some energy into building your life coaching brand in an intentional way.