Are you looking for questions to help your clients discover who they are? Maybe you are a life coach, a life purpose coach, or maybe even a business coach helping your clients find clarity.
Whatever the reason, you are in the right place! Today we are sharing our favorite coaching questions to help your clients discover their truth.
P.S. Our names are Cass and Tee, the business partners behind this blog and website. As entrepreneurs turned coaches, we are fascinated by all things coaching including the science of coaching, coaching questions, coaching strategies, and coaching methods.
In this thought-provoking post, we’ll be covering 11 questions to help your clients really dig deep and discover who they are and why they are here on this earth.
Let’s get started!
What Are Life Purpose Questions?
Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.”
The end of that quote is the most important: “what we know we could be.”
Deep inside everyone already knows who they are, what they want, and what their purpose is in their life. The problem is that some people haven’t tapped into that knowing yet. As they experience life and collect memories, they’ve forgotten that part of themselves.
But know this, from life passions to family legacies, most of the cues your clients need to discover their life’s purpose are already present.
Life purpose questions are questions you can use as a coach to help your clients identify their inner knowings and consciously assemble them into a grounded inner sense of who they really are.
Before we dive in, it’s important to know that many of the questions presented here are adapted from Coaching Questions by Tony Stolzfus.
If possible, we recommend buying a hard copy for your desk as well as a digital copy to make it easier to access on your phone.
Digital: $9.99 (Kindle) | Physical: $14.99 | # of Pages: 100
Sample Buyer Review: As I embark on my new journey of becoming certified as a Life Coach, this book is a gem! In it, there are certain situations that provides specific questioning to get the client to open up and share their thoughts so you can help guide your client to a co-creative relationship. It should be in all coach’s libraries of tools!
11 Life Purpose Coaching Questions to Use on Yourself and Clients
1. What do you know already about what you were made to do?
2. What’s been the most meaningful experiences in your life?
3. Where have you found a real purpose in living?
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? What roles attracted you?
5. Sometimes we have a deep, intuitive sense of what we want to do or be in life, without even knowing exactly where it came from. What would fall in that category for you?
6. If every experience of your life was planned to train you for your destiny, what would you say your whole life has prepared you to do?
7. What do those who know you well say about what you are made to do?
8. What are you great at? What are your best talents or natural abilities?
9. What is your sense of God’s unique purpose for your life?
10. What is your family’s historical legacy? How do/don’t you want to be part of that?
11. What sense of purpose have you drawn from your culture or community?
Life purpose coaching questions that help your clients discover who they are are powerful tools for coaches! Having these questions at your fingertips will help your clients break through their mental blocks and solidify you as an expert coach.
Remember, a coach’s most powerful tool is questions. It’s not your job to give advice or answer questions for them. It’s your job to help them find the answers within themself.
If you use the wrong coaching questions, clients can easily end up confused and feeling unheard. That’s it’s very important to research, practice, and master the art of questions.
What questions do you use to help your clients break through their limiting beliefs and find their life’s purpose? Let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear about what works for you.