Looking to get straight to it? Our top pick is ActiveCampaign.
Looking for the best email marketing software for coaches? Welcome! This is exactly where you belong.
As web designers for coaches, helping our clients choose and set up their email marketing funnels is part of the job and picking the right software is critical to business growth.
Because switching platforms… can be a nightmare. Trust us… we know.
In this guide, I’ll review, compare, and rank the top four email marketing tools for coaches to find out which one is right for your coaching business.
If you are deciding which emailing marketing software is the best for coaches, make sure to read the entire review! That way you can choose what works for you.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
The Best Email Marketing Software for Coaches
Here are our top picks for the best coaching software.
Free Marketing Research Workbook For Coaches
Fill out this form to access our free step by step workbook to help you through the essential parts of market research for your coaching business.
Plus, join our email list to stay up to date.
Best for coaches who wants to grow fast
If you’re looking for the best email marketing software for coaches, Active Campaign is our number one pick, and for good reason. It’s affordable, easy to use, and comes with all the bells and whistles. This is the email marketing tool we use there at Lovely Impact.
The tool allows you to send personalized emails, create newsletters, and most important, automate your sales and marketing funnels. It is compatible with WordPress, Paypal, Twitter, Salesforce, Facebook, Shopify, and many other popular apps.
ActiveCampaign offers multiple features, including:
- Automation goals, which will help you to measure your market using customizable goals.
- Email segmentation, allowing you to divide up the different sections you may be dealing with.
- CRM App, so you can access work and respond to clients while on the move.
- Advanced reporting, so you’ll know what is and isn’t working for your coaching business.
- Site tracking, so you can see how clients are using your site.
- Plenty of support, with 1-on-1 training and migration services.
They offer a range of pricing options:
- Lite, $9/m, paid per year
- Plus, $49/m, paid per year
- Professional, $129/m, paid per year
- Enterprise, $229/m, paid per year
These all offer very different features, so it will be necessary to spend some time looking at your individual needs and comparing them to the options in order to determine the level that suits you and your coaching business best.
The prices are based on 500 subscribers.
Best for creative coaches
ConvertKit was designed for creative people to share their stories and inspiration with the world. They focus on making it easy to share your ideas and connect with your clients, which is ideal for coaches.
If you want to connect to clients to talk about your story and techniques before getting to the business side of things, this service is perfect for you. ConvertKit offers a multitude of features to help you get going, and are ideal for someone who is less business-focused but still wants to make a living online.
For anyone who is a one-woman show or just starting, this is a great email marketing software for coaches.
The service includes:
- Email designer, to help make your emails works of art.
- Automations to help send out content in a timely fashion.
- Email sign-up forms so people can easily subscribe to you.
- Selling functions so you can start earning money from what you do best.
- Email marketing to help grow your coaching business.
- Landing pages so you can quickly and easily promote new products.
ConvertKit actually offers a free option that is perfect if you’re just starting to grow your coaching business, and you want to try the service out before making a purchase. They recognize money can be tight when you’re just getting going, so if you aren’t concerned with some features, this might be ideal for you.
Other options include:
- Creator, $29/m
- Creator Pro, $59/m
It’s worth noting that if you have more than 1000 subscribers, these prices will increase, so make sure you check what you could be looking at in the future, even if you don’t currently have more than 1000 subscribers.
Best for large coaches and coaching companies
A product with a broad range of options, GetResponse is aimed at large companies, marketing managers, entrepreneurs, and online marketers – so whatever size your coaching business is, they most likely have a solution.
They focus on making their tool work for everyone so if you’re just starting but expect your business to grow fast, they are an ideal option, as you won’t have to switch to a bigger company when you grow, but don’t need to pay enterprise rates when you’re just starting out.
- Webinars, which you can host for up to 1000 attendees, connecting on a personal level.
- Marketing automation that will expand with your coaching business and keep everything running seamlessly.
- Email creators that allow you to get creative and personalize your emails.
- Autoresponders, which cut down on the time you need to spend emailing clients.
- Segmentation to organize and categorize clients and requirements.
- Transactional emails so you can be sure your sales are flowing smoothly and you don’t have to manually email receipts.
The pricing for GetResponse has several options:
- Basic, $15/m
- Plus, $49/m
- Professional, $99/m
- Max – contact them for a quote on a tailored package that perfectly suits you and your needs.
It should be noted that these prices are based on a list size of 1000. You can increase this, but doing so alters the prices significantly, so bear that in mind when considering signing up.
Best for beginner coaches
AWeber all-in-one email marketing software with features that will improve your site’s functionality as well as your email power. They are focused on turning leads into sales and are generally targeted at small or single-person businesses that are just getting started.
If you’re looking for a bit more of a personal touch and a friendly, casual approach to starting your email marketing program, this may be the right choice for you.
AWeber focuses on several different aspects of marketing, including:
- Email automation to keep your coaching business at the forefront of clients’ minds without you having to do anything.
- Segmentation so you can divide up and then personalize your emails, ensuring coaching clients only receive information that is relevant and interesting to them.
- Tagging, to organize subscribers.
- Email designer that makes beautiful, branded emails very easy to create.
- Stock images you can use – perfect if you’re just starting out but want some professional graphics.
- Templates you can use, or drag-and-drop options if you prefer.
They have two simple price plans:
- Free – up to 500 subscribers with no financial commitment whatsoever.
- Pro, $16.15/m, with unlimited subscribers and many more features.
It’s worth noting that although Pro says unlimited, they have an option to get in contact if you have over 25,000 subscribers and need something specific.
That may mean that as your coaching business grows, you need to change your price plan a bit, but that should be a long way off if you’re just getting started.
Best for coaches who need something simple
Named one of the best global software companies of 2021, Mailchimp has a lot to offer both new and growing businesses. They provide help with launching a website, marketing plans, and solutions to help you grow.
If you want to bring an artistic touch to your coaching business, they focus heavily on design and standing out through graphics, as well as their automation features.
- Pre-designed templates or a drag-and-drop builder.
- Automated marketing emails to ensure you’re touching base with your clients at the right moments.
- Image management and storage.
- Real-time analytics.
- Transactional emails to take care of the financial side and make sure the right information ends up with the right clients.
- Custom domain names.
- Online store connection.
Their pricing structure is more complicated than most, and they offer three different categories. The first two have a free option as well as the paid tiers.
- Essentials, $9.99/m
- Standard, $14.99/m
- Premium, $299/m
These are based on up to 500 subscribers; if you increase the number of subscribers, the prices increase.
Secondly, Websites; Commerce:
- Core, from $10/m
- Plus, from $29/m
Their final option is Transactional Emails, which can be purchased in blocks of 25,000 emails. It costs $20 per block, decreasing if you buy more.
While complicated, their pricing structure does offer increased flexibility to businesses.
Best Email Marketing Software for Coaches: Final Thoughts
For those of you who are unsure, we absolutely recommend ActiveCampaign. For coaches, it is the best email marketing software because it is affordable, simple to use, and you can integrate it with anything you like.
Choosing the right email marketing tool for your coaching business can be a challenging task. You are likely to be stuck with whatever you choose for at least a year or more, so choose wisely. When you choose the right one, you can concentrate all your efforts on growing your business.
There you have it! ActiveCampaign is, in our opinion, the best email marketing software for coaches.
Question: Do you already have an email provider? If so, what tool did you choose? Let us know in the comments below.
About The Author
Hey! I’m Tee, a brand and marketing coach and the Co-Founder & CMO at Lovely Impact, a website template shop for coaches. I help coaches grow their coaching businesses digitally. Here on our blog, my content focuses on web design, marketing, business, and social media strategy.