Looking to get straight to it? Our top pick is Showit and WordPress.
Are you looking for the best website builder for coaches? Welcome! You’re exactly where you belong.
Cass and I have built hundreds of websites over the past decade on just about every platform available on the web. But, when we started building websites for coaches, we quickly realized that coaches have special needs.
In this guide I’m going to be ranking, comparing, and reviewing the top 4 website builders to see which is the best for your coaching business.
If you are deciding which website platform is the best, make sure to read the entire review! That way you can choose what works for your coaching business.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
The Best Website Builder for Coaches
Best flexible builder with full creative control and the power of WordPress (Starting at $24 per month).
If you are looking for the best website builder for coaches, Showit is likely to be high on your list. If you aren’t enormously tech-savvy (or perhaps even if you are), you will appreciate its drag-and-drop features.
Get Your Free Coaching Business Checklist!
Fill out this form to access our free comprehensive business checklist with 149+ actionable tasks to setup your coaching business for success.
Plus, join our email list to stay up to date.
When we made the hard decision of which platform to build our coaching templates on, Showit was the clear winner. It’s ideal for any coach looking to get creative and have full control without needing a web designer.
But the real magic? Showit integrates automatically with WordPress. You’ll have a lot more flexibility when it comes to how your coaching blogs look.
Because of its combination with WordPress, Showit also has the best SEO optimization available, increasing the number of clicks and the amount of traffic on your coaching site through good visibility.
Keeping with their focus on flexibility, Showit is easy to integrate with eCommerce. You simply choose a third-party eCommerce tool, and you should be able to add it to your Showit website, simplify your selling, and make it a smoother experience for both you and your coaching clients.
Warning. If you like to have everything built-in instantly, Showit may not be for you. However, if you like to pick and choose the tools you want to use in your business, Showit is perfect and can integrate with everything. This is one of the reasons we love Showit. It’s super flexible.
- 100% creative control: No need to hire a coder! Use the drag & drop interface to build a coaching website. Only your imagination limits you.
- Hundreds of fonts: Showit provides over 952 diverse fonts that are totally free. Or, you can upload your own directly into your media library.
- Show up in search: Because Showit is integrated with WordPress, you will also have full access to WordPress’s search engine power as well as the best available SEO tools.
- Top-rated support: Showit’s customer support, provides you everything you could need to launch.
- Super flexible: You can easily connect it to Shopify or link it to your favorite coaching software, like CoachAccountable, Paperbell, or Delenta.
Showit has three different pricing tiers:
- $24/m or $228 annually for the website
- $29/m or $288 annually for the website and a basic blog
- $34/m or $408 annually for the website and advanced blog.
Best “all in one” builder with everything built-in (Free with ads).
Wix is a well-established, cloud-based website builder, with a lot of functionality. It also utilizes a simple drag-and-drop interface which lets users quickly design the site they want.
The great thing about Wix is that is all in one. Meaning, they offer just about every feature you can think of, from domain names to hosting, as well as booking and invoicing. Depending on the plan you choose, coaches can easily use Wix to set up blogs, an online store, send invoices, and well… do all the things.
Two big downsides to Wix are that you can’t move to another platform easily AND they don’t have the best SEO tools. However, they are aware of the SEO issues and have been working hard to resolve so they can compete with WordPress. Oh, and they are notorious for not playing nice with any other platforms. If you use Wix, changing your mind is a headache.
- Templates: Thousands of templates built by designers made specifically for your business.
- Drag and Drop: Build your site with drag and drop tools so you can change, modify or add anything.
- Responsive: You’ll have a mobile-friendly version of your website that works well on every device.
- Domains: Get a coaching website that matches your brand and business with your own personalized domain name.
In terms of costs, Wix offers a free version, but it includes advertising. Alternatively, they charge $18/m (works out at $14/m if you pay annually) for their “combo” package, suited to small businesses and professionals.
Their “unlimited” package ($23/m) is ideal for sites with lots of content, so if you regularly upload videos, this might be the option for you. They do have more expensive packages too if you need more.
Best beginner-friendly for coaches with zero tech experience (Starting at $9.99 per month).
If you’re looking for a beginner-friendly builder, GoDaddy is a great place to start. Its new version offers a flexible but intuitive builder, which makes it simple to add or remove website elements with a few clicks.
It has a blogging feature, though this is kept quite simple – which may be a good thing if you are just a beginner and don’t want lots of the fancy functions which are offered by more comprehensive blogging sites such as WordPress.
It is also capable of handling eCommerce, though you will need the most expensive plan to access many eCommerce features, such as cart recovery and credit card payment processors.
One disadvantage is that advanced SEO features aren’t enabled on their basic plan, so you are forced to look at the standard plan if SEO is important to you. This is one of our big issues with GoDaddy. Some stuff, like SEO and SSL should be included in base plans. You shouldn’t have to pay more for the basics!
The basic plan also limits the number of marketing emails and social media posts you can use.
- Fast website builder: With a single click, you can edit or add entire sections in seconds and from any device.
- E-commerce: Build a fully functional e-commerce website your coaching clients will enjoy.
- Coaching appointments: Upgrade from one-time to recurring appointments whenever you’re ready.
GoDaddy is more competitive than Squarespace and Showit, but a bit pricier than Wix, especially if you want the online store functionality.
- The basic account is $9.99 per month billed annually.
- The standard account is $14.99 per month billed annually.
- The premium account is $19.99 per month billed annually.
- The ecommerce account is $24.99 per month billed annually.
Best builder for coaches who sell physical and digital products (Starting at $16 per month).
Squarespace is especially known for gorgeous visuals and offers lots of sleek templates which will make your site look professional with very little effort.
However, It has a slightly more difficult learning curve than some of the other website builders. The word “Square” is true to its meaning. Outside of the basic squares and blocks, you can’t really design or modify the site like you could in Showit or Wix.
Where Squarespace truly shines is selling products and services. No one can deny that Squarespace offers excellent eCommerce capabilities if you have a small product catalog.
It also has several built-in SEO features, meaning you won’t need to spend time struggling with your optimization strategy. This includes a helpful SEO checklist that will get you going and guide you through some of the important steps.
Their blogging platform, although not as good as WordPress, is better than Wix. It includes commenting and social publishing which allows you to schedule the posts to your social media pages as well.
For coaches, Squarespace also just launched a membership integration so you can create membership programs easily inside the platform.
- Blogging: Blogging tools to share your story, post company news, or announce new coaching products.
- SEO: A suite of integrated SEO features and useful guides that help maximize prominence among search results.
- Analytics: In-depth Analytics tools and reports to track visitors and conversions.
- E-commerce: Beautifully designed shops that work well for those with small catalogs.
There are four pricing plans for Squarespace, two of which are suitable if you want to add an online store to your site.
- The basic plan is $16 per month.
- The business plan is $26 per month.
- The basic commerce plan is $35 per month.
- The advanced commerce plan is $54 per month.
Although pricier than other builders, the advanced plan offers handy features like shipping calculations and abandoned cart recovery.
Best Website Builder for Coaches FAQs
Which website builder for has the best templates for life coaches?
In our opinion, Showit has the best website templates for life coaches because they allow independent designers to build templates. Lovely Impact, for example, is a Showit template company just for coaches and has templates for every type of coach.
How to build a website for life coaches?
To build a website for life coaches you need to first create a cohesive coaching brand. Next, write your website copy. Third, choose a website builder and a coaching website template. Fourth, add copy, colors, and images to your coaching website. Lastly, add any tracking codes and sitemaps and then launch your coaching website.
For a full step by step guide to building a coaching website, see ‘Coaching Websites: The DIY Beginner’s Guide for Coaches‘.
If it wasn’t clear, we 100% recommend Showit. It’s the best website builder for coaches because it’s super flexible and you can integrate it with anything you like.
As you can see, choosing the right website builder for your coaching business can be a big decision. Whatever you choose, you are likely to be stuck with that for at least a year or longer, so choose wisely. When you choose the right one, you can focus on building your business.
That’s it! In our opinion, the best website builder for coaches is Showit.
Question: Do you already have a coaching website? If so, what builder did you use to build it? Let us know in the comments below.